December Writing Prompts
- In between the clover and the dampened earth.
- A mirror image of who he once was.
- The truth sucked the life right out of his chest.
- Had the map really changed, or had he read it wrong to begin with?
- A blanket, soft and warm, with the faintest hint of her perfume.
- Deep down in the dungeon…
- Two halves of a dress, frayed and worn.
- Consumed by fear, he stood as still as the dark night above him.
- And as the moon exploded…
- She dressed, then wept as the music faded away.
- Destiny awaited, they had no other choice.
- Holding her gaze briefly from across the room, he knew…
- Transfixed by the lights, she never noticed he was there.
- A steady breeze guided them along.
- Keeping his hands in his pockets, he nervously played with his keys.
- And suddenly the door began to melt against the brass frame.
- Was it a glitch, or just his imagination?
- Droplets of sweat fell to his lap as the blade glistened.
- Venom poured from his eyes, poisoned tears.
- He drank the last drop, then plummeted into the sea.
- Decompression arrived quickly after the window blew out.
- Heavenly creatures featured boldly in her dreams.
- She reeked of sugary sweets, and her teeth gave away her disguise.
- Fishnet stockings were a real nice surprise.
- An eruption of presents was all that could be seen.
- A half-eaten muffin and a spoon, were all that remained.
- She snickered as she ran, until she noticed what was behind her.
- The last bell chimed and not even the crickets could be heard.
- The floating orb hovered over the painting above the hearth.
- Planter boxes of peculiar looking pansies, lined the odd shaped path.
- Entombed inside the jar of honey, the key could clearly be seen.
So, I’ve realized that a lot of you are having issues with pingbacks, and I’m very sorry if I have missed any of your lovely posts because of it. I am trying my best to keep up with everybody, but I must say, it is getting harder and harder to do that. Please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to have issues, and I will do my best to walk you through the process.
And there’s another thing I’d like to mention this month about the prompts. It seems that a lot of you are trying to keep up with the prompts by doing them in order on a daily basis. But for this month, I’d really like it if you didn’t do them in order. I want everyone to look through the list and pick and choose which ones they want to do, and please don’t feel like you have to do them all! You’ll just feel defeated if you can’t keep up, and I don’t want anyone to feel that way.
Another thing that you might want to try this month, is to print the prompts out, cut them apart into thin strips of paper, and then fold them and place them in a jar. It’s so much fun to do this. You can then reach inside each day, and pull out a random prompt to write about. I have a jar full of writing prompts that sits on my desk for this very purpose, and I find them to be very inspiring.
Whatever you end up deciding to do, all you really need is 10 minutes. Here’s one of the best method’s I know of…
Settle into your favorite place in the house with a hot drink to warm your waking bones. Once you’ve warmed up a bit; grab your journal, a trusty pen, and a timer. Then, set your timer for ten minutes and begin writing about one of the prompts. Don’t worry about spelling, punctuation, neatness, or anything like that; just write! Write about anything and everything that comes to your mind, and don’t stop until the ten minutes are up.
I often find myself writing short stories or poems during those ten minutes, but you can write about anything you like. And don’t be alarmed if what you’ve written doesn’t quite make sense. The whole idea behind doing this exercise is to get your mind ready and working so that you can begin your day. Just think of it as exercise for your brain, and once you’ve done your ten minutes of writing, you’ll feel more prepared to tackle the rest of your day.
Please just enjoy the writing process this month. And never feel like you have to stick to a list of rules with my prompts. These are for you my blogging friends, do with them as you please. 😉
As always, I will be writing and posting over on my other blog, which can be found here. So please come visit me if you get a chance, and hopefully I can keep up with all of you!
One last thing… don’t forget to pingback your posts! ~M xo